Thursday 22 September 2016

Thursday Matters!

Lets talk about stuff...

We like to keep it real here... Real people give us their tweets and images.  Real people send us their poems and share images.  real people tell us their stories.  

So may we introduce you to our first Guest Blogger!  Based in the North, Charlotte has kindly agreed to let us have a taste of her life.

Hello there readers of the Beanies Blog.
My name is Charlotte and this is my story.
I am a VIP (Visually Impaired Person) This means my eyes don't work. But they think I may actually be blind. I am 21. I was in a care placement for vulnerable adults. Then I went to uni.
Since I was 18 I have not had a permanent address. On average I have moved every 6 months.
I now live in a hostel. I have left uni as I could not afford rent and food at the same time and my sight was getting worse. Also I was in hospital a lot due to the fact my landlord would not deal with mould on the ceiling. I could not find a private landlord to accept my GUIDE DOG Layla (4 year old black Labrador cross golden retriever) was not a pet or to get them to not charge me extra to let her live with me. My “eyes” has 4 legs and a tail but they just see a dog. Not my freedom.
I am the invisible homeless. No council flats for under 25s in the area.
Nowhere to go except a hostel or the streets. I am the lucky one – I have a hostel place.
Charlotte And Layla

We hope to be chatting with Charlotte again soon, and are delighted that she is willing to share with you.

And if you would like to look at the goodies we sell to support homeless outreach, you will find them on this link...

No comments:

Post a Comment